Privacy and Data Use Policy
TRANQUILITY SALON PRIVACY, TRACK & TRACE DATA AND CARD DATA SECURITY STATEMENT
1. No personal data is collected through the Tranquility Salon website
2. No cookies are used on the Tranquility Salon website
3. The Tranquility Salon website contains links to other websites in order only to provide additional information regarding treatments, therapist qualifications and professional organisations or our location information. All such organisations have their own privacy statements if in doubt please review these statements.
4. We may collect, via emails, texts, telephone conversations and person to person conversations, both Personal information and Communication information. We use this information as follows:
a. Personal information
i. Any personal information (age, sex, medical history and conditions or similar) provided during or relation to treatments at Tranquility Salon is retained only in manual records, securely held by the salon, and is used solely by the therapists for professional therapeutic purposes and client safety.
ii. Personal information (age, sex, medical history and conditions, treatment actions and results) may be passed to our therapists and insurers in the event of an incident which may give rise to a claim against the salon/therapists.
b. Communication data
i. Any communication data provided to Tranquility Salon (email, mobile telephone, land line telephone, address etc) is stored both on paper and electronically (on our email client list and on our “Youreontime” appointment booking system) and may be used to communicate in relation to:
3. follow up procedures after treatment
4. client personal safety
5. Communicate from time to time details and news from Tranquility, our special offers, treatments available and similar information.
Anyone no longer wishing to receive Tranquility News, offers and similar communications via email or text may unsubscribe at any time by emailing “UNSUBSCRIBE” to email@example.com personal data may however still be retained manually and electronically for the purposes outlined in paras 4. a) i & ii and 4. b) 1-4 above as required by law and/or insurers requirements.
5. Tranquility Salon will not pass any personal or communication data, provided to us, to any other persons or organisations except as specified above.
6. No electronic data from Debit/Credit Card transactions is retained by Tranquility Salon following completion of an individual transaction. Any data recorded in writing during a telephone conversation is destroyed immediately after the transaction has been completed. Unidentifiable paper records (merchant card transaction copy slips) are securely retained off site for a period of 3 years in accordance with the requirements of the card transaction handling organisation(s).
a. We also have in place a full Information Security Policy in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard confirming all aspects of our handling and protection of card & personal data in relation to debit/credit card transactions. If you wish to see this document please contact the salon.
7. Collection of personal information in relation to Track & Trace (when required by Government regulation)
To support NHS Test and Trace (which is part of the Department for Health and Social Care) in England, we may be required by law to collect and keep a limited record of staff, customers and visitors who come onto our premises for the purpose of contact tracing.
By maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors, and sharing these with NHS Test and Trace where requested, we can help to identify people who may have been exposed to the corona virus.
As a customer/visitor of Tranquility Salon you may be asked to provide some basic information and contact details when required by Government regulation. The following information may be collected:
the names of all customers or visitors,
a contact phone number for each customer or visitor
date of visit and arrival time and departure time
Tranquility Salon, as the data controllers for the collection of your personal data, will be responsible for compliance with data protection legislation for the period of time it holds the information. When that information is requested by the NHS Test and Trace service, the service would at this point be responsible for compliance with data protection legislation for that period of time.
The NHS Test and Trace service as part of safeguarding your personal data, has in place technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect your personal information that it receives from the venue/establishment, that it holds from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, if you only interact with one member of staff during your visit, the name of the assigned staff member will be recorded alongside your usually ask us to retain this information for 21 days from the date of your visit, to enable contact tracing to be carried out by NHS Test and Trace during that period. We will only share information with NHS Test and Trace if it is specifically requested by them.
If another customer or member of the team at the venue reported symptoms and subsequently tested positive, NHS Test and Trace can request the log of customer details for a particular time period (for example, this may be all customers who visited on a particular day or time-band, or over a 2-day period).
Under government guidance, the information we collect may include information which we would not ordinarily collect from you and which we therefore collect only for the purpose of contact tracing. Information of this type will not be used for other purposes, and NHS Test and Trace will not disclose this information to any third party unless required to do so by law (for example, as a result of receiving a court order). In addition, where the information is only collected for the sole purpose of contact tracing, it will be destroyed by us as soon as practicable after 21 days following the date of your visit.
8. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy or the use of any information held by Tranquility Salon or wish to view (at no cost) any information held by Tranquility Salon about you, at any time, please contact the owner.
Tranquility Salon, Droitwich Spa, UK – May 2018.
Updated 31st March 2020, 12th October 2020, 12th October 2021, 9th December 2021, 31st December 2021, 9th March 2022
|Treatment Room 1|
|Treatment Room 2|
|Hopi Ear Candling|